Today's events all events
- Food / Wine
- Life and Style
- Train ticket £76 premium economy. Food included!
- 29/12 Selling 2 Paris-London tickets
- SW12 Clapham STUDIO FLAT - DOUBLE
- SW12 Clapham STUDIO FLAT - SINGLE
Events articles and reviews
French bands plan British festival invasion!
From 10/06/2010 at 23:00 to 05/11/2010 at 23:59
There's no getting away from it, out hot hot statistics prove it – more French bands than ever are hitting the UK shores this summer, from the big names like Phoenix headlining Field Day, or David Guetta at Creamfields, or even Charlotte Gainsbourg at Latitude, right through to exciting new French artists playing their first UK festivals such as Team Ghost (Rockness), Yannis from Foal's favourites Sexy Sushi and Tepr (Glastonbury).
Some UK festivals are going the whole hog this year, and putting on a French theme:
· Rockness (11-13 June) welcomes electro-popsters Naïve New Beaters whose live show never fails to entertain, as well as Team Ghost, Mondkopf, The Shoes, Housse de Racket, Vitalic and Sophie Delila.
· Glastonbury (23-27 June) not only celebrates its 40th birthday, but also a special Vive la France stage with Birdy Nam Nam, Sexy Sushi, Tepr, Teenage Bad Girl and Djedjotronic. Other French artists playing at the festival include Phoenix, Nouvelle Vague, Naive New Beaters and Wax Tailor.
· Jersey Live (4-5 Sept) will host Teenage Bad Girl and Cabadzi, and will have a Les Inrocks (France's answer to Rolling Stone) stage dedicated to the best UK and French acts around.
· Offset Festival (4-5 Sept) which miraculously finds itself at the end of the Central line, finds itself with a French party including Kap Bambino, Charles de Goal and more TBC.
But let's not forget the wealth of other genres and festivals around welcoming French
artists this year:
· In jazz Bath Jazz Festival welcomes Julien Loureau and Martial Solal amongst others, Hay Festival sees Erik Truffaz entertaining their avid readers, Glasgow Jazz Festival sees Mina Agossi and the Franco German project Daniel Erdman and Francis Le Bras take to the stage, and Edinburgh and Brecon have the legendary Orchestre National de Jazz performing amongst others.
· World music carries on its strong links with France with Womad featuring Mayra Andrade, Nouvelle Vague and Salif Keita, Cambridge Folk Festival have Pink Martini and Rokia Traore, while Babylon Circus play Larmer Tree Festival, Guilfest and Beautiful Days.
London Fashion Week, Charlotte Gainsbourg, london, europafood.xb, Locations de vacances, 1973, Tintin, voiture familiale, Immobilier, Remaniement, Mathilde, Culture, la Trouvaille, cinema, étranger, ricard, lundi noir, spa, echange, Spas, Gabrielle, euro 2012, accessoires de table, Matthieu Kassovitz,