latest Reviews and articles
- Food / Wine
- Life and Style
- 2016 UEFA Champions League Final Tickets (Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid) @ discounts Rates 2016 UEFA Champions League Final Tickets (Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid) @ discounts Rates
- 2 TICKETS FOR 17 JUNE
- Choose a builder in Fulham, Clapham, Chelsea and Wandsworth
- Selling Return Ticket London - Paris 03.06. - 06.06.
A few basis differences between French and British table manners...
Many dinners start with a soup course. Note that in the UK, the soup spoon is rounder than in France.
In the UK:
- Spoon the soup away from yourself towards the opposite side of the bowl.
- Sip the soup quietly from the side of the spoon
- Tip the bowl away from you to spoon thelast spoonful or two of soup.
Hand(s) on the Table
- In the UK, always have one hand on your lap whilst the other is on show. This is just the opposite of French Table manners when both hands always have to be on the table but not the elbows.
When you have finished Eating
- Place your knife and fork - with the tines facing upwards - together on your plate. In England people put them both in their plate at 6h30 whilst in France people tend to put them on the side of their plate at 3h15. Whatever you do, do not cross your knife and fork on your plate.
Avoid any word that is too close to French. Instead use:
Napkin instead of serviette
Pudding instead of dessert
If you must, Loo instead toilet
In French, in a formal setting, avoid saying Bon Appétit.
You may also enjoy reading the following articles
ecartes, Jewish Book Week, Rap, troubles alimentaires, marrier, film, Amarcord, Matthieu Kassovitz, Clubs de sport français, livre, Les internationnaux de France de tennis, europafood.xb, film, Dermatologues, London Fashion Week, Education, 5.55, vin, Tom McCarthy, steak de soja, Mathilde, londres, Mode, chanteroy,